You must contact the Urssaf foreign companies department, which will register your company

The National Institute for statistics and economic studies (Insee) will register your company and will quickly send you your Siret number, which corresponds to the registration number for your company.
As soon as you receive the latter, you can enter your enrolment on

The Foreign Firm national centre for:

  • general information,
  • the management of your account (assistance in filling out documents, management of enrolment requests, the "employee identification" and social vouchers, contribution calculations, sending pay slips, contribution breakdowns and annual returns),
  • payment of social contributions.

Yes, meanwhile your enrolment to TFE it is compulsory to :

  • contact various social bodies which you depend on, following national collective agreement applicable to your company in France, in order to fill a registration card (with no enrolment fees, nor extra contributions cost) : occupational health service, France Travail for unemployment insurancee, Humanis International for complementary pension scheme, and where applicable a supplementary pension, providend fund, the CCPBRP paid vacation fund for the building and public works sectors in the Paris region or interprofessional paid leave fund for the transport sector in particular ;
  • open a work accident/occupational disease (AT/MP) account reachable on platform In deed dematerialized notice of AT/MP contribution rates becomes compulsory as of January 1, 2022 for general scheme companies. For more information on offered services, visit

This is necessary for a proper management and to ensure your employees' rights.

The DSN is a new sole, monthly and dematerialized transmission means of data concerning the pay issued from a pay and human resources software. It replace most of social declarations as of 2017.

Your TFE center is in charge to establish formalities and declarations that DSN replaces.

If your Siret number is recognised, the information concerning your contact information (company name, address, telephone number, etc.) will be displayed automatically.

You must then, according to you national collective agreement, indicate the social bodies with which you are affiliated for your employees and the rates that apply in your company.

Finally, you must enter the additional information requested.

In order to assist you in filling out the enrolment, some of the zones are already filled in and on-line help is available.

For any further information, contact the Foreign Firm national centre.

Yes. First of all, before validating your enrolment, several verifications are carried out with regards to your email address by applying the usual security measures.

You also choose your password, that provides you with access to the declaration area for your employees.

For information, in the event your email address or password changes, verifications are carried out in the same conditions.

Yes, if you do not have any establishment in France, you can use the TFE to manage all of your employees employed in France, regardless of the employment contract.

Yes, it is possible for you to enrol in the TFE on to manage your current employees and, where applicable, new employees, providing they are less than 20. However, if you choose to use the TFE, you are required to declare all of your employees declared in France via this system.

To find out all about how the TFE operates, you can consult the "Most of the TFE" section.

For more information, contact the Foreign Firm national centre on +33 810 09 26 33.

This is used as a unique declaration of employment (DPAE), which is a mandatory formality that must be done before any hiring and employment contract.

As soon as the "employee identification" voucher is validated, you must print and sign the registration certificate for the employment contract and then have your employee sign it.

If there are special clauses in the employment contract (part-time work, confidentiality or no competition clause, etc.), you must draft an annex. You must sign this annex and have it signed by your employee.

Each of you must keep a copy of each document.

As soon as you have confirmed your key entry, the unique declaration of employment (DPAE) is sent electronically and you can print the registration certificate, sign it and have it signed by your employee, without forgetting to provide the employee with a copy.

With an open-ended contract - CDD, all of the administrative data concerning your employee are recorded (last name, first name, address, date of birth, place of birth, Social security number, etc.). If you should sign a new contract with the employee, you will not have to enter all of this data again.

Yes, social security number is compulsory from your salaried's declaration.

If this number is not knowledgeable, you won't be able to validate the social voucher to establish the payslip under following conditions :

  • from the social voucher's entry of a French salaried,
  • the latest from the third social voucher's entry for a foreign salaried.

This data is essential regarding your salaried rights concerning pension on retirement and complementary retirement.

For record, French salaried get their social security number from the social security office (CPAM) from the age of 16.

French salaried born abroad or foreign salaried have to get this number at the social security office (CPAM) from which they depend on.

You enter the elements that are needed to calculate the contributions (elements concerning compensation, number of hours worked, period of employment, etc.). The employment period declared must not exceed one calendar month.

If the following declarations are identical, most of the data will already be filled in. You just have to click on the "generate an identical social voucher" zone. However, at least the period of employment and the date of payment of the employee should be modified.

Yes, before recording the social voucher, you have the possibility to click on "contribution calculation".

This allows you to know, in most cases, the net salary to pay to your employee, as well as the amount of contributions due.

If you record this declaration, you can print the pay slip the very next day.

Overtime and additional hours worked on or after January 1st, 2019, are employee’s old-age, widow’s, and Agirc-Arrco supplementary pension contributions, as well as from income tax, up to a rate of 11.31%. A lower rate is applicable if all of these contribution rates do not add up to 11.31%.

To learn which hours and pay components are eligible for salary relief:

You will need to enter the following information into the section entitled “Overtime hours eligible for relief” (“Heures supplémetaires ouvrant droit à reduction”):

  • The number of overtime or additional hours eligible for employee contribution and tax relief,
  • The total gross amount of pay for these hours. This amount is equal to gross pay for the employee’s overtime and additional hours, topped up as provided by any applicable national or other collective agreement or, failing that, as provided by the French labor code. This amount must not incorporate any salary top-ups for overtime or additional hours accrued through nighttime, Sunday, or holiday work.

The TFE national centre calculates the mandatory social contributions then sends you a breakdown of the contributions.

This breakdown includes the information contained in the social voucher and informs you of the amount of contributions due as well as the payment deadline.

This is most likely the annual declaration of social data (DADS). This formality, which is indeed mandatory, is handled by the TFE national centre for all of the employees managed by the TFE.

This return is used to send information to various bodies (mandatory social protection bodies, tax administration, etc.).

In parallel with your enrolment, you must complete a registration dossier with the mandatory social protection bodies (see answer about other steps).

Declaring your employees via the TFE allows you to pay the contributions due to the following bodies in one payment:

  • Urssaf (social contributions and other social taxes, unemployment insurance scheme),
  • Humanis International for complementary retirement,

and, where applicable,

  • a supplemental retirement body,
  • a provident fund body,
  • the paid holiday fund for the construction sector in the Paris area CCPBRP for the construction and public works sectors or the interprofessional paid holiday fund for the transportation sector in particular.

You must, however, settle directly with each body involved the contributions intended to the share of the contribution to additional professional training provided for by the collective agreement, the health department in the workplace as well as the individual or optional plans for social protection, etc.

When your employee leaves the company, you must provide him with certain documents:

  • A certificate of employment, attesting to the employee's job in the company and the functions performed;
  • A receipt for the final settlement, indicating all the amounts paid to the employee on the occasion of the termination of the employment contract;
  • A France Work Certificate (formerly Pôle emploi, also called an employer's certificate), allowing the employee to assert his rights to unemployment insurance.

A certificate of employment specifying the elements declared in the Tese service is available in the "Contracts" section of your employer space. You can also create it. The final settlement and the France Work Certificate must be prepared by you.

For more information on the documents to be provided to your employee when leaving the company, consult the digital labor code.

When the employee's contract is terminated or when it comes to an end, certain indemnities are due to the employee.

Compensatory Leave Allowance:
When an employee leaves the company without having used all accrued paid leave days, the employer must pay them a compensatory leave allowance. This allowance is due regardless of the reason for the termination of the employment contract. This amount is considered salary and is therefore subject to social security contributions and taxes from the first euro.

For more information on the compensatory leave allowance, consult the public service website.

Termination of Employment Contract Indemnities:
The indemnities due to the employee vary depending on the reason and conditions of the contract termination. Their amount and the applicable social and tax regime also depend on various factors, including the reason for termination, the employee's length of service, salary, or the applicable collective agreement.

In the digital labor code, you will find resources to guide you through your employee's contract termination.
You can use a simulator to calculate the severance pay due to them, if applicable.

For more information on the social regime applicable to employment contract termination indemnities, consult the official Social Security bulletin.

You enter the elements that are needed to calculate the contributions (elements concerning compensation, number of hours worked, period of employment, etc.). The employment period declared must not exceed one calendar month.

If the following declarations are identical, most of the data will already be filled in. You just have to click on the "generate an identical social voucher" zone. However, at least the period of employment and the date of payment of the employee should be modified.

The mandatory social contributions are collected by the Urssaf Alsace.

The contributions that are not collected within the framework of the TFE are in particular:

  • optional individual retirement and provident fund;
  • share of the contribution to additional professional training provided for by the collective agreement;
  • payroll tax;
  • financing of occupational health service;
  • financing of gender mainstreaming.

You must pay these contributions directly to the bodies involved.

Two payment methods are available:

  • the simplest is via automatic bank debit for companies that have a bank account in France . The debit takes place in your account on the 15th of the month following the sending of the contribution breakdown;
  • via international bank transfer to be done at the beginning of the month following the reception of the breakdown of your contributions, to the order of the Urssaf Alsace.

We suggest that you open a bank account in France in order to use the automatic bank debit method for the following reasons in particular:

  • there is no risk of you forgetting;
  • it is a simple and secure method of payment;
  • once the pre-completed debit authorisation is signed and sent to the TFE centre, you no longer have any formalities to take care of.

From 2013, the national foreign firms’ center will begin using international BIC and IBAN numbers as part of the European Sepa project. The Sepa (Single Euro Payments Area) project is designed to standardize payment procedures in euros. It applies to the most commonly used methods of payment in Europe : credit cards, bank transfers and direct debit.

If you have chosen direct debit

Your debit authorization will automatically switch over to a standardized debit order. It will no longer be managed by your bank but by your national foreign firms’ center.

Your Sepa Creditor’s Identification number (ICS), which belongs to the Alsace Urssaf, will appear on your contribution statements, as will the single order reference number (RUM) for your debit order.

Under the terms of the TFE service, your account may be debited fewer than 14 calendar days after you receive your contribution statement.

You will need to notify your center if you change or cancel your debit order. Your bank will handle any complaints related to a debit operation.

If you have set up an international bank transfer

Companies that already pay their social security contributions by bank transfer will not need to take any additional steps.

If you want to begin paying your Social security contributions by bank transfer, you will need to get in touch with your TFE center. Your center will give you its banking information either in the standardized Sepa format or in the RIB format, depending on how your software is configured.

If you are receiving a contribution refund for the first time, the Urssaf will contact you for your banking information.

On the contribution breakdown, there is a "contributions owed to third parties" zone and details on the amounts to be paid per body are provided on the summary statement.

Yes, you owe the same contributions with the same benefits.

You must contact the Foreign Firm national centre as quickly as possible in order to find a suitable solution.

  • a copy of the registration certificate of the "employee identification" voucher, that the employer provides the employee with, once it has been signed by both parties,
  • a pay slip sent to the employer who then gives it to the employee,
  • an annual certificate of the wages declared within the framework of the TFE. This document is sent by the Foreign Firm national centre and provides your employees with the total amount collected for the previous year within the framework of the TFE.

The net social amount corresponds to the income that must be declared to social security agencies to qualify for certain benefits. This information appears on the pay slips produced by the TFE service for all employees from January 1, 2024.

A practical and straightforward use for RSA and activity bonus recipients
Employees eligible for the Active Solidarity Income (RSA) or the activity bonus can enter the net social amount on their quarterly income statement for the CAF.
Now, the employee reports the net social amount indicated on their pay slip on their quarterly income statement.

For your employees not eligible for RSA or the activity bonus
The display of the net social amount will not be used initially.
However, they will have the option to use the net social amount to simulate their eligibility for these benefits on

For all salaries paid since January 1, 2024, the net social amount is calculated by TFE and automatically appears on each pay slip.

The net social amount is determined from the employee's income, from which the total of the mandatory social security contributions paid by the employee must be deducted.

The following are specifically taken into account in the income:

  • the gross amount of earned income: base salary, bonuses of all kinds, additional or overtime hours...;
  • in-kind benefits;
  • replacement income paid directly by the employer: Social Security daily allowances (in case of employer subrogation), partial unemployment benefits, or bad weather unemployment benefits.

The net social amount displayed on the pay slip issued by the TFE service does not take into account amounts paid for profit-sharing.

If a payment is made for profit-sharing, there are two modalities.

  • Either it is paid directly to the employee
    Directly paid bonuses and profit-sharing must be taken into account in the income declared by the employee to social security organizations.
    The net social amount for the amounts paid must be displayed on the profit-sharing payment form.
    This form, separate from the pay slip, must be prepared by you and handed over to the employee.
  • Or it is placed in savings plans
    Bonuses and profit-sharing placed in savings plans are not included in the calculation of the net social amount. You do not have to mention it on the profit-sharing payment form.

If you lost your password, click the column "employer area" dial you Siretnumber in the bloc "identification" and click the message "I have lost my password".

The Foreign Firm national centre will send you a secure email that will provide you with access to a modification page. This link will remain active for 48 hours.

You can then create your new password and, as soon as you have done so, you will be able to declare your employees and consult the history of your dossier on

In the "employer area" section, you can print:

  • the acknowledgement of receipt of enrolment in the "Enrolment" zone,
  • the registration certificate of the "employee identification" voucher in the "Contract" zone,
  • the pay slips, contribution breakdowns, monthly and annual summary statements and the tax certificates in the "Print-outs" zone.

Except for pay slips, which are exclusively in French, all of the other documents (acknowledgement of receipt of enrolment, contribution breakdowns, monthly and annual summary statements and tax certificates) are sent in the language that you select (French, English or German).

At any time on the informative website, you can change language by selecting the language on the right of the main menu. Similarly, in the declarative area, you can change language by clicking on one of the flags located at the top right corner of the screen.

Requesting a language change also induces a modification of the language for the documents (acknowledgement of receipt of enrolment, contribution breakdowns, monthly and annual summary statements and tax certificates), except for pay slips which are always in French.

For any other question, please contact the Foreign Firm national centre.